Sunday, June 29, 2008

Nathan is 2 months old!

 


A lot has gone on since we last posted in this blog so I will try to update everything that has happened without writing a book :)

1-I turned 29! Hard to believe that this is the last year of my 20s. Christopher and I went out to a movie and dinner. It was the first time that both of us were away from Nathan at the same time for an extended period. Karen, Christopher's sister, was in town and she watched him for us. We didn't check up on him and we both enjoyed the movie (Iron Man) and the dinner. We were only out for about four hours and I had to get home because I missed Nathan and I had to pump some milk out of me because I felt like I was going to explode.

2-Nathan and I went to our Mommy and Me class on Thursday for the first time. There are nine other women and 10 babies in the class. We did introductions, sang songs to the babies, and then shared our frustrations and joys about being a new mom. During this time I realized that I have a GREAT husband who has helped me out a lot! I was afraid that Nathan would be really fussy for the class, but he did a great job because he mostly slept during the class. We will be going to these classes for the next nine weeks. I am hoping that I will be making some friends from this class that Nathan and I can hang out with.

3-NATHAN TURNED TWO MONTHS OLD! Hard to believe that he is now two months old. The time is really flying by. We went to the doctor for his two month appointment and here are his stats: Weight: 10 lbs 9 oz and height: 22.75". For his weight he is in the 25th percentile and for his height he is in the 50th percentile when compared to other babies at this age. His head measurement is also on the small side. Everything was looking great! We just need to work on his neck muscles some more so that he can hold up his head. The doctor said that he looked a little weak in that area. We have been doing tummy time and putting Nathan in a little chair to have him practice holding his head up. The doctor also confirmed that Nathan is a cute baby!

4-We have had a lot of visitors recently. Nathan's Aunt Karen stayed with us for about four days. She thinks that Nathan is really cute and gets his cute looks from her :) It was great having her around and we look forward to when we get to go camping with them in July. Mike and Ricki (Christopher's brother's brother and sister in-law) came and stayed with us for an evening. We enjoyed having them here and Ricki made some delicious brownies for us.

5-Nathan attended his first birthday party. Jacques Berube is turning one on July 4th and we went to his birthday party. Nathan slept for most of the party which was nice because we didn't have to try and calm a crying baby. There were also a lot of other young children and babies there so it was nice to get to talk to all of the parents about what they are going through with their kids.

That is about it for the update. We have added more pictures to our gallery (they are at the bottom...there are lots of pictures). Also, a few posts below Christopher talks about the weekly pictures. You can go to that link to get those pictures.

-Heather

Oh, I almost forgot. Christopher and I bought a new vacuum. It is the best vaccum ever! It picks up so much dirt and does a great job. We love it a lot and have vacuumed our whole house. The best part is that the sound of the vacuum puts Nathan right to sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a really cute picture of Nathan!